Diamondmax 23 STM3500418AS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenace

Solid State Member
ok this has annoyed me a little, i bought this harddrive with the rest of my computer, when i have installed this it makes a loud bleeping noise for a couple of minutes before silencing, but the bios wont pick up the drive, now if its in with my current SAMSUNG HD321KJ the computer will stay in bios with a message saying that disk is unreadable, anyone have any ideas or is this just totaly not worth even trying with

This could also be a hard disk drive issue, Seagate HDDs can be afflicted by a number of issues (as can all drives). Is it definitely your Motherboard making the bleeps and not the disk?

Hard drives don't give beeps, they just roar. But yes, most likely your RAM, HDD, or GFX card is bad.

This is where a diagnostic card is nice. I bought one for a few bucks of ebay a few years ago. It's easier to diagnose the problem.

just tried it having a look, does turn out its the harddrive making the bleeps, although maxtor are now seagate i dont know whats happening with their website but everytime i try clicking on their help section for SATA harddrives not detected it says that it the forum post never existed, well on theyre site they talk about the transfer speeds (1.5gb and 3gb) and tells me i need a jumper to try this, (wonderful that they dont supply this) well tested my ram no problems with it, graphics card tested, motherboard spanking new GA-H55M-S2H, although im actualy confused, as the SATA hard drive i have in at the moment is twice the thickness of the one im trying to install, is the one i have in an older type SATA drive or a different type of hard disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom