dialup connection page error - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default dialup connection page error

when I dialup like normal it shows the eart icon & says its connected but when I open the browser page it says it can not read the page. no pages will load at all of any kind not even home page. then I click diognostics button it says 'connect cable to network' but its already connected. I don't know how to fix this issue please help. refreashing the page does nothing to make anything load, cashe is already cleared so im not sure what exactly it is if its a browser problem or if its a connection problem? but the thing says im connected & onl8ne connection 2 dialup & it shows everthing is fine but the page absolutely wont load anything at all. how do I fix this?

Gogandantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: dialup connection page error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogandantes View Post
when I dialup like normal it shows the eart icon & says its connected but when I open the browser page it says it can not read the page. no pages will load at all of any kind not even home page. then I click diognostics button it says 'connect cable to network' but its already connected. I don't know how to fix this issue please help. refreashing the page does nothing to make anything load, cashe is already cleared so im not sure what exactly it is if its a browser problem or if its a connection problem? but the thing says im connected & onl8ne connection 2 dialup & it shows everthing is fine but the page absolutely wont load anything at all. how do I fix this?
What browser and what operating system are you using ?
Also its kind of hard to figure out what maybe going wrong if your not clear enough.
Lets try this for starters, click the start button, click on search.
Type cmd.exe and hit enter thats command prompt console.
Next type ipconfig/all and hit enter.
It should show you being connected and pulling a dhcp ip address from your internet service provider.
-RockMan- is offline   Reply With Quote