Not open for further replies.

up-smash

In Runtime
I have:
ATI Radeon HD 4870
i7 2.67 ghz
3gigs DDR3
win7 ultimate 64-bit

These specs are pretty good for playing HoN, LoL, and TF2. I usually get around 190-230 fps in all those games, but recently I've been experiencing a huge fps drop in my games and I couldn't figure it out. So I re-installed windows to try and eliminate all possible software issues. I am still experiencing these fps drops in all these games. What can I do to mend this problem.... Buy new hardware?

Well try to get rid of all the background applications. When I looked at the process explorer on my gaming box and noticed all those applications that I use just here and there like winrar, eraser,...However, they were running in the background and once I got rid of them the fps speed increased again.

Well try to get rid of all the background applications. When I looked at the process explorer on my gaming box and noticed all those applications that I use just here and there like winrar, eraser,...However, they were running in the background and once I got rid of them the fps speed increased again.

A fresh install should pretty much get rid of that issue.

I tried uninstalling the drivers for my ATI card and downloaded earlier drivers. It solved the problem for minutes before going back to 15-40 fps.

Should I use a driver cleaner to ensure that all of the driver data is being cleared?

I solved it guys...................................................

Somehow the cables to my HDD and GPU became slightly undone...Fixing that and all the driver B.S. solved the problem completely

I'm back at 190-240 fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom