Devices not powering down when PC is off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3n

Solid State Member
When i put my computer in hibernation mode the keyboard and mouse both stay powered on (the num lock key stays lit and my mouse which glows blue stays on).

Even though my last system before upgrading (which used the same PSU as i'm using now) turned off these devices when hibernating, this new system doesn't seem to want to. Even when Shutting Down my computer these devices still stay on which to me is very unusual, especially because when shut down and these devices are still powered there's no use for them to still be powered (as when clicking the mouse or pressing a button on the keyboard) they don't turn the computer 'ON' (they have no use staying powered on).

Can anyone help me? Because this PSU did not have this issue before, am i right in saying the problem lies with my motherboard?

do the mouse and keyboard power up the computer in hibernation mode? and can you turn the computer off at the plug, and then boot back to your session, just to check it is hibernating properly?

Yes- when hibernating i turn the switches off at the mains anyway to manual cut the power off to the PSU which keeps the mouse light on and the keyboard numlock light on. And whenever i turn the switches back on and turn on the pc the computer resumes from hibernation without any problems- so hibernation is functioning...

I checked an 'Power On' settings in the BIOS, changed various power settings but it still didnt make a difference, all my devices are still powered on when Shutting Down which is very strange.

In Device Manager in the Power Management tab within the properties of my Keyboard the option 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' is blanked out and cannot be selected.

sudden thought: you dont have a wireless desktop do you? they run on batteries, so obvioulsy can power themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom