desperately need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

saucy2040

Baseband Member
now this may not seem too desperate to any body else but i had just gotten a new case for my comp. after i had swapped everything out of my old case into my new case my speakers are not working. they are on and are plugged into the right port in the back of my comp in the new case. the new case has no port in the front to plug in any speakers by the way. also the settings for windows on the sound are all fine. all i did was switch the components into a different case. i didnt add anything on or anything like that. if anyb ody has any advice on what the problem may be then i owe them more than i can say. o and by the way my computers speakers hook directly into the motherboard and not a seperate sound card.thanks again for any advice u might have!:D

Some motherboard with onboard sound card have jumper setting on the motherboard near the sound ports, make sure you did not accidentally remove or change the setting while moving the motherboard to the new case. Check the speaker plug and power; make sure they are correctly plugged in. Check the BIOS to make sure the onboard sound is enable. Check device manager if there are any error, reinstall the driver if you have to. Check your volume control.

The old case, did you forget anything? You said it had speaker port in the front, maybe it might be part of your sound card that you might need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom