Desktop through my tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
Hi, If i wanted to hook up my tv to my desktop what do I need to do to put the video and audio so it comes through my tv?

thx

For sound and video, you would need HDMI. Do you have a port on your GFX Card and on your TV?

Then, you will need a HDMI cable. And don't buy the gold plated stuff. It's no better than the standard stuff.

Get it here: HDMI Cable

Choose length and color. I get all my cables from Monoprice. :)

I have an integrated video on my PC so would i need to have to put in another one for this too work? Would I need one that handles 1080I to have that resolution for the tv? Hope that made sense.

thx

How come if i plugged in an hdmi to dvi cable it would only play video and not sound mom

Despite the fact HDMI and DVI are both HD Video, they are still a bit different:

HDMI = Video + Audio
DVI = Video only.

By going HDMI to DVI you're eliminating the audio capability. You'd be best off using a straight HDMI cable. If your computer does not support this (and it's a desktop) a cheap graphics card with an HDMI port would be a nice solution.

What Jayce says. You could use DVI, but you would need DVI-D on each end for sound. But an easier route is HDMI, one hit, done.

What motherboard/computer model do you have? The latest ones include HDMI as well.

Mom i was just wondering because when ever i played ps3 i would have to put in my speakers into it :p

Think the PS3 was made around the time when HDMI just came out. Wasn't mainstream yet. Get with the times, Taylor! :lol:

I have an integrated video on my PC so would i need to have to put in another one for this too work? Would I need one that handles 1080I to have that resolution for the tv? Hope that made sense.

thx

Can someone plz answer my question about needing another video card plz?

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom