Desktop Shutting off and not restarting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

S13DET

Baseband Member
Ok, I have had my computer for a long time its like 3 years old, but anywho its an eMachines T3300 and for what ever reason it shuts itself off and sometimes reboots itself, but more times then that it will try to restart and I will get a sequence of beeps. They are about 3 onethousnds apart(one onethounsand,two onethounsand, ect) Anyone know whats going on?

Hi! Okay, it looks like a hardware problem. You mentioned that you hear beeps when you restart your PC? That definitely means you have a hardware failure. That is the POST (Power-On Self-Test) test that the system performs every time you turn on your PC. It sounds like you get long beeps...now, it doesn't matter "how many thousands apart" they are. You need to start your computer and pay attention to HOW MANY beeps you get, and the pattern, which means if they are like "long-long-short-long", you know what I mean? Write down that beep pattern, and then restart your PC and get into your BIOS/CMOS (when it starts, press F2,F10,F11 or whatever takes you there) and write down the name and version of your BIOS (like Phoenix 2.1, etc.) and post that information here,ok? With that beep code we can tell you which piece of hardware is failing,ok? Also, post your computer specifications (like RAM,Processor,Motherboard,etc.) Ciao!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom