Desktop Has No Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

V-tek

Baseband Member
Have a desktop computer here that was using an integrated video adapter, but that went bad, so i installed a AGP video card, still no display, then tried to install PCI video card, same no display, is there anything else i can try, or is the motherboard bad ?

the adapter is near all the serial and parallel ports, if thats what u mean.

i first plugged in my monitor into the onboard video adapter which is VGA, no display, installed a AGP card,plugged monitor into VGA on the AGP card, no display, took the AGP card out, installed a PCI card, plugged monitor into VGA on the PCI card, no display

you need to disable the on-board vga card my friend... usually this you can make it from the bios. but if the vga is not working, this means you can't go to bios and disable the vga on-board. also there is another way to disable the vga on-board. with jumper settings. so check out the manual of the motherboard, or if you don't have it, search in the web page of the motherboard for a manual to find how to disable the vga with jumpers. if you got any news, post! good work !!

checked mobo manual, no jumper setting to disable the vga on-board...so i guess this comp is doomed

Also tried swapping out the PSU, thinkin the it was dying, no good either.

try to reset your motherboard to the default settings with the jumpers. after this, try to boot with only the on-board vga, and after with an agp. maybe there is a setting to ignore the on-board and recognise a vga on the pci bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom