Desktop Display Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

burninginh2o

Beta member
1.gif

2.gif

I just got a new mobo and processor and those are the only problems I have at the moment. Everything runs good. Games run good, video plays, just the desktop looks like above.

I've updated the mobo and all the drivers, I tried to rollback to older drivers but the same problems showed up. I tried various things and just ended up with the same results.

Problems:
- desktop icons dont show (some) and only show on mouse click
- text overlays in text box type stuff
- multicolor 3d shading type thing

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

uninstall windowblinds or whatever your skining it with. Dont shell out windows period, it wasnt made to do that, and it just eats the sh!t out of resources.

that looks like xp to me. What are you skinning it with? Cause thats not a default skin, unless its some new fangled gadget in media center or somthing. More details on system specs including OS and ver/sp

It really looks like your skinning it with something third party, either a pack or a program, at either rate, it wasnt made by a professional, or it doesnt seem to have been. Kick it back to stock skin, reboot, if its still fd up, uninstall whatever your skinning with.

well i reinstalled windows total format and all that good stuff. i reinstalled all the driver and updated everything.

my pc:
amd 64 3500+
ecs k8t890-a
1280mb ram
200gb hd
creative 24bit soundcard

so this is happening on a fresh install of xp home? pro? what? Did you grab drivers from manu website, or off a disk the hardware came with. How is this skinned? Im confused.

yes this is happening on a fresh install on xp pro.

i got the drivers from the cd and the nvidia website...both didnt work. i rolled back to the 66.xx drivers but those didnt work well either.

the desktop was skinned because i fixed the uxtheme.dll thing.

i think i found out the problem. could it be that since i have an agp card and i put it in an agp express slot? it seems to come back to that and i cant find a compatibilty chart thing on the ecs website for my mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom