Demon possesed computer, please help!

Yep, full new install and another new install since then. different drives as well. I'm letting it burn in for a few days to make sure no problems crop back up, but so far most of the problems are gone. Thanks for your efforts :)

and no overclocking

I figured out what is hopefully the last problem. Just began a fresh OS install to begin new and noticed that the drive now telling me to change boot priority is not listed as a system drive when I go to install windows on another drive? Any way to change it back to a system drive without reinstall?

I'm guessing that some wondows file that says it's a boot drive was corrupted

Windows 7 has been know to put the boot sector on a different drive other than the drive that windows installs in. Try disconnecting all the drives except the SSD drive and check to be sure AHCI is enabled in the bios for the SSD drive and install windows 7

Windows 7 has been know to put the boot sector on a different drive other than the drive that windows installs in. Try disconnecting all the drives except the SSD drive and check to be sure AHCI is enabled in the bios for the SSD drive and install windows 7
Yep, it will always try to install it to the drive with the most space.

my bootmanager file is on another drive I found out by trying to boot with only my C: drive plugged in. Trying another psu to troubleshoot drives were all there with no problems. I figured I had fixed it. Today while booting everything was normal but I noticed that my drives are missing. I'm sure they have power because it be missing boot manager if they weren't.

I know this psu works because it's my dad's and he has never had any trouble. Any other ideas? I will try and update after checking if drives are seen in BIOS, but no promises that my computer will restart successfully.

while working on a couple things before rebooting, drives suddenly appear...this is maddening...

Last edited:
I've been all over the place troubleshooting. I've gone through the BIOS and finally got it to have it's problem when I was looking. The PSU isn't powering the HDD's consistently and they wont show in BIOS so I'm quite sure I just need a new one. I have it working for now.

Thank you much for helping me out.

Back
Top Bottom