Dell XPS CRT monitor plugged in bug 85hz lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

prs5130

Beta member
I recently got a viewsonic g90fb crt to plug into my dell xps for games. My notebook however won't list any frequencies over 85hz for the monitor. I asked a number of people to help me fix this and tried using refreshforce and reforce but they just added extra problems. One person told me they read a review and the person reviewing said that when he plugged in a monitor to the xps he had the same problem. He quoted it as a driver bug.

Anyways if anyone knows how to fix this I'd greatly appreciate it. Would docking make any difference?

The monitor can run up to 150hz at 640x480 and some where over 100hz at 800x600 which is what im trying to put it at.

the driver i have is over a year old for my video card its the default one from the cd. There is no updated driver that im aware of. The only thing on the nvidia site was for the newer 7 series which wouldnt work when i tried to install it. My video card is the gf 6800 go ultra.

i also tried installing the drivers made by laptopvideo2go but you need a modified INS file i believe to get them to work because of the gpu in the card it says on the site. However i couldnt find where to obtain the files in all their FAQ forum posts. They only listed the updates and stuff, cant figure out where they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom