Dell XPS 210

Status
Not open for further replies.
GPU-Z is a no go... the mobo has no thermal sensors on the gpu. But so far adding a new gfx card seems to be doin the trick, 1:30hr up-time no crash. Stress test for 45min the cpu never raised above 54c. CPU temps seems to regularly rise and drop with cpu usage as expect (a little warm for my liking but its not a gamer rig). Now to reformat again and install windows with out it crashing during updates lol. But there is still one problem.

Once in a while when i turn on the tower it comes up with yellow lights and the fans run at max speed with no gfx output (still doin it with new gfx card). Any ideas? It will start 4/5 times fine then start up yellow. no pattern thus far. Warm reboot seems to do it more, but only with using the button, restarting doesnt do it.

Update: New GFX is working beautifully. Not a single crash. Coretemp has recorded max cpu temp 68 (which is a normal temp during stress test and 80f in house). Upon stress test ending promptly the temp returned to 41c @ 0-2% usage. I freshly re-installed windows since the other got interrupted during updating. Everything seems to be running smooth. Thanx everyone for the ideas. Now if I can just figure out why it sometimes turns on with yellow lights and no vga signal. If I can get that cleared up then the transplant was a complete success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom