Dell Wifi Driver

fallenapples

In Runtime
I recently installed a fresh copy on Windows 8.1 for my Dell Inspiron 15 3542. All of the drivers installed successfully-except for 2 of the 3 the network drivers. I got the Ethernet to work. But the first driver wireless driver says the Bluetooth is not compatible and the second driver says there was a problem with the updater. Are there any generic wifi drivers that I may be able to use? It is a 64 bit.

Last edited:
Open up Device Manager

On everything that has a yellow exclamation mark, do the following:
Right click -> Properties -> Details tab

Post the following info for each item that has a yellow exclamation mark:
Under "Hardware Ids" in the dropdown, it should have something like VEN_####&DEV#### ; post that section, where #### = some alphanumeric combination.

Hi! Apples! I'll let carnage find your drivers. The devise manager is a great place to start looking for driver problems. This looks to simple to work but, Dell is on top of things so who knows?? This is in my first reply but here it is again!!
Product Support | Dell US
Dell Update
Dell Update is an application that automatically updates critical fixes and important device drivers as they become available. This ensures that your PC has the most critical updates without you having to check online and install them yourself.

For network it says:

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_020C1028&REV_01
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_020C1028
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_0280

and for USB2.0 it says

USB\VID_0BDA&PID_0129&REV_3960
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_0129

Hi Apples ! Might not hurt to give my link a shot,but that's up to you!!
Gary
Dell says they will do the hard work for you??? here's the link one more time and then I'm out of here!
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us...roduct/inspiron-15-3542-laptop/drivers/simple
Dell Update is an application that automatically updates critical fixes and important device drivers as they become available. This ensures that your PC has the most critical updates without you having to check online and install them yourself.

Last edited:
One last question as I see there seems to be a little hostility here.
Did you install the chip set drivers first.
I'm gone!
Gary!!
PS I'm sure carnage will be able to help you with your problem!
Thanks for your reply!

Back
Top Bottom