Dell Studio 1909 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 01:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Dell Studio 1909

Hello! I have a Dell Studio 1909 AIO Touchscreen that I am trying to repair. Problem is, i am stuck. The customer has only had it for a week and everything was fine. Then they said the screen wouldn't come on. They claim not to have changed anything, but when it comes on, the Dell Logo comes up, then the backlight goes out. You can use a flashlight and see that it's still booting. Then, the pointer and "Wait" symbol comes up as normal, then the backlight goes out again once windows is at the login screen. My assumption is a driver issue. Maybe the Vista system updated and cause an issue? Does this sound about right to anyone? And if so, how can i update/rollback the driver on something i can't see enough to work on?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: Dell Studio 1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoed77 View Post
Hello! I have a Dell Studio 1909 AIO Touchscreen that I am trying to repair. Problem is, i am stuck. The customer has only had it for a week and everything was fine. Then they said the screen wouldn't come on. They claim not to have changed anything, but when it comes on, the Dell Logo comes up, then the backlight goes out. You can use a flashlight and see that it's still booting. Then, the pointer and "Wait" symbol comes up as normal, then the backlight goes out again once windows is at the login screen. My assumption is a driver issue. Maybe the Vista system updated and cause an issue? Does this sound about right to anyone? And if so, how can i update/rollback the driver on something i can't see enough to work on?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Sounds abit right, try this for me please, reboot the computer and after the bios screen if you can see it, hit F8 until you get into windows safe mode.
Make sure the screen is lit up, if you can login and see their desktop, use system restore to see if you can go back to the customers problem when they were having problems in restore it.

My other thoughts is the monitor itself having problems ? if the screen is pretty dimm and faint, you might want to to fix the inverter inside of it by replacing it.

Read this and get started to see if you can fix it, by the looks of that model it looks like it's pretty trouble some.>_>
Dell One 19 Manuals, Support and Troubleshooting - Studio Desktops

Old 10-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Thanks for the response. I tried booting into SafeMode, still goes dark on me. So, at this point, it's got to be the inverter. This should be fun
Old 11-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Just wanted to drop a line and say thanks again. The Inverter was replaced and so far, that seems to take care of the problem.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoed77 View Post
Just wanted to drop a line and say thanks again. The Inverter was replaced and so far, that seems to take care of the problem.
Not a problem, I'm just glad the repair was simple enough for you to tackle.
Also was that computer under warrenty ? meant to ask you that, sometimes dell does not like you touching their parts when it's underwarrenty.

I personally do not care and fix the computer anway, saving me issues and problems with them.
Closed Thread