Dell Studio 1 1909, Touchscreen not being detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandi42389

Beta member
My mother in laws computer is the Dell Studio 1 1909, and Ive gone searching through everything I can think of on it to try and get her touchscreen reconnected. It just stopped working one day and now she wants it set back up. Since im the most computer savvy in the house it fell on me. I have tried diagnostics and nothings come up. Ive searched through all her devices and to be honest I cant even figure out what it would be. Looking at the specs on her computer Im not sure what the Touch Screen actual thing would be called. Im not very good at this kind of thing and I really am open to any help I can get.

I did google it try and figure it out and I found one match similar and he said all he did was go under startup and look in his folder labeled Devices and Printers and just click the touchscreen icon in there and trouble shoot and it worked, however she has no such folder. And in her device log nothing says touchscreen. Thanks for taking the time to try and help to anyone, I really appreciate it.

I would try re-installing the drivers for the touchscreen feature. Go to Dells support site and enter the service key then look through the driver downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom