Dell Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentobaku

In Runtime
Hi i have a Dell Dimension 8200. I was having problems with the internet not working so i did a re-install of XP. the thing is i am still having the same problem. I looked it up online, and everyone says it is a different problem. So i decided to bring it to the pro's.

The instruction at "0x77279295" referenced memory at "0x7d4b2e20" The Memory could not be "read"

This error occurs when opening IE. I can open like Google.com and it is just a little slow, but i cant open Microsoft update page. Online people says it is a ram problem, some say a windows SP2 problem. I just want to fix it lol. I do find it off w/e the problem is, that a fresh install didnt help so it makes me lean toward a hardware problem.

As usual any suggestion would be helpful.

Thx :dead:

i would love to update windows... that is what i was trying to do. The automatic updater isn't kicking on for some reason and the website wont load correctly. Also when i go to like Google, it is extremely slow, like dial up slow. i will run mem test while i wait.

I ran memtest for about 2hrs (entire scan test) and i also ran a Ram de-frag prog i have, still no help. The one thing that is odd is before i formatted it was doing this too, and now its still there, but ram is ok, it is a new ethernet card, and a new hard drive. I also have reset the c mos. This is the same computer i was asking about switching cases for. the switch worked (with moding). but i am still having the exact same problem.

Well after stuffing myself with some turkey and slipping away from the family, i finally had a chance to install XP SP3, install went smooth (ty for link). But alas still the same problem. I am wondering could it be the network card it self?. The computer runs completely smooth, except the internet. Google's home page will load and so will searches, but they are slow like someone is DLn on my system (checked, all clear), but if i go to like Microsoft's update site, it wont load, it acts like really bad 56k modem, and then only half the page loads. this is frustrating, i think i am gonna try another ethernet card. Any ideas are appreciated.

Sounds like trying another lan card would be in order. You can also try another cable just to eliminate that as a possible issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom