DELL Precision T3600 - Motherboard troubleshooting

Papourlom

Beta member
Hello everyone,

Here's my problem. I recently got two Precision T3600 workstations with this configuration :

Xeon E5-1620 V1 (FCLGA2011)
16 Gb DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz
Nvidia Quadro 4000
635 W Gold Certified DELL PSU
BIOS version A14

The first one is working correctly but the second one is staring with no display, no keyboard/mouse. The computer's components are running normally, the power led is white as if it was functioning but the 1,2,3 & 4 diagnostic LED doesn't light on. Same with the HDD light.

I got the PC to work correctly the other day, no problem with shutdown and turning on many times (HDD & RAID configuration) but suddenly it stopped working again.

I already had this problem which was solved by taking out RAM and putting it back in again. It tried it and didn't worked this time. Wanna mention that I had an inductor near CPU (the bottom one) who dismounted in one side when cleaning. I soldered it back and the PC worked fine (not even sure it caused an issue).

Troubleshooting already tried :

- Removing CMOS Battery / Draining PSU power
- Removing RAM, putting it back in different configurations (DIMM 1 / DIMM2 / DIMM1 + DIMM 2 ... )
- Unplugging everything (HDD, CD, Peripherals, PCI cards)
- Unsealing / Resealing CPU
- Checking for bent CPU pins
- Using the second working T3600 PSU, Same with the RAM, with graphic card (Try other quadro 4000 and GTX 750Ti). Didn't try swapping CPU for the moment.

I don't know what to try now, I'm thinking it might be the motherboard or the CPU but it was functioning fine the other day and since I shut it down it's doing the same issue as before with no solution. Because I already solved it once I think I can do it again and it's not a dead component.

Thank you in advance for the help.

The thing is that it worked again really well for one day and then nothing.

If the mboard was dead I think it would have stopped working completely. That's why I'm trying to find a solution. ^^

You alluded to the fact that you broke a piece and soldered it back on, that's the culprit. If it was easily knocked off by cleaning then the solder was probably already weak which would cause issues. Soldering it back on could have let it work for another day but doesn't mean it would last. Especially if you didn't replace that part with a new one first. If you've swapped parts with the working machine and the last piece left is the board, you have your answer.

Back
Top Bottom