Dell power button no reaction

bluetoss

Solid State Member
i was doing some upgrade on my dell dimension 9150 when the power goes off and no more light coming from the button.

i had already changed the power supply and still no good!

what can be wrong?:cry:

thanks in advance for your contributions.

What were you upgrading, specifically? Were you touching anything? Was the system on when you were doing the upgrade?

hi, yami, thanks for your reply.

i was trying to install a raid card, then my harddisk crashed, so i tried to revive it by doing a windows restoration to an earlier time.

halfway leaving the windows restore running, the power button start blinking amber.

i changed the power supply and after that still see the power button blink amber.

eventually, it seems that there is no power at all after depressing the power button, no light at all.

another clue: i have a Nvidia graphic card and it seems that the fan is not running at all from the start the computer fail me.:cry:

What were you upgrading, specifically? Were you touching anything? Was the system on when you were doing the upgrade?

You may have caused a short by installing hardware with the computer on and broke something. The computer should always be off and ESD procedures should be followed when dealing with the hardware of any computer.

thanks, ghost! but is there anything welse that i can do to resolve this? thanks!:cute:

You may have caused a short by installing hardware with the computer on and broke something. The computer should always be off and ESD procedures should be followed when dealing with the hardware of any computer.

Did you check and see if the wire from the power button is still connected to the motherboards, they tend to pop off pretty easily, especially if you're in the case doing something.

yes, i did, everything was intact...:upset:

Did you check and see if the wire from the power button is still connected to the motherboards, they tend to pop off pretty easily, especially if you're in the case doing something.

Or even just shorting the 2 power pins together with a screwdriver or something would work as well.

Have you tried a new power button yet?

yes, i have changed the button with the one from my shirt,i sew it with thread and it still doesn't work...:big_grin:

Or even just shorting the 2 power pins together with a screwdriver or something would work as well.

seriously, i already tried shorting the pin, with the pnr labeeled on the mainboard but it still dis not work.:sad:

Back
Top Bottom