Dell Optiplex GX620 Blinking Green Power light & won't start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lardy2001

Beta member
Hi,

I am new to this excellent forum and wondered if anyone out there could possibly help......

I have a Dell Optiplex GX620 Desktop PC. Several weeks ago I had a slow flashing amber power light, indicating a PSU or switch fault. Firstly I replaced the switch - made no difference. Then I replaced the PSU - The slow flsahing amber light has now changed to a blinking (very fast) GREEN light on the power button.

All of my research so far has suggested that this suggests the PC is in standby mode! But the PC isn't even switched on - no fans running etc. In desperation I have even plugged a USB mouse in to see if I can "wake" it up! I have a amber AUX_PWR light on the Motherboard which is on.

Nothing happens when I press the power button - no matter for how long I press it in!

Has anyone got any ideas?

Many Thanks in advance

Welcome to Tech-Forums, lardy2001!!

Do diagnostic lights display anything? It's those 4 lights I believe that's located at the back of the computer.

Thanks for your speedy reply (sorry for my slow reply!).

As far as I can see I have no diagnostic lights showing on the rear of the PC unit!

Does anyone know if there are any on the Optiplex GX620?

Thanks

Sorry about that. I found out the diagnostic lights are in the front. Should be 4 LED lights in the front, above the power button, or on the bottom, depending on which GX620 you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom