Dell LCD no display

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
OK, it comes on for about 1 second and then black. Power cable is good, monitor cable is good. Dell's website is crap. Can't even use their online chat because it rejects the service tag number. Model of the monitor is E172FPb. The website says it was not purchased in the US???? I took it apart and checked every connection I could find, reassembled and same thing happens. Toast? No idea on the age, I am guessing 3-5 years old.

I haven't heard of a monitor coming with a service tag. In any case, if it's 3-5 years old, it's not covered under warranty. If it doesn't work, and you've tried more than one computer, then it's shot.

If it comes on for one second only it's an electrical issue. Does it shut off and go into standby or completely shut off?

Yeah then it's an internal video connection problem and not electrical. You would have to take the monitor apart to fix it.

Yeah then it's an internal video connection problem and not electrical. You would have to take the monitor apart to fix it.

I took it apart and couldn't find anything that wasn't connected. Oh well, it was free.

Maybe you have a video card failure???
have you recently change any setting on your video card?
Boot your in safe mode and try you system restore?

Try these options

^ Tofu, Dave is knowledgable in computers and I know he would try those options before posting here. Good suggestions though :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom