Dell keeps rebooting itself at Dell screen - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2014, 10:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Dell keeps rebooting itself at Dell screen

Hey everyone,

When I go to start up my computer, it gets to the Dell screen, then the screen goes black, then it beeps (as it would when I would normally start it) and it restarts itself. It'll do this continually, if I let it. I've read some of the other troubleshooting options to this but I don't know if my situation is different since I doubt it's the hard drive due to the fact it's only 3 or 4 years old (already been replaced). I also tried taking out my memory sticks and reinserting them to no avail. I'm posting this from my lap top as I can't get past the Dell screen on my other computer I'm having issues with.

By the way, the computer I'm having problems with is a Dell Inspiron 530. I have an updated graphics card and I have Windows 7 instead of the Windows Vista that came with the computer initially.

smithgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: Dell keeps rebooting itself at Dell screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
When I go to start up my computer, it gets to the Dell screen, then the screen goes black, then it beeps (as it would when I would normally start it) and it restarts itself. It'll do this continually, if I let it. .
Open the case up locate the hard drive cable it will look like a ide ribbon cable or thin black red sata cable.
You can google that on google images to see what it looks like.
Next I want you to unplug the cable to the hard drive.
Once done hit the power button, see if the dell start loops like it did before.
If not it maybe a error with your hard drive.

what main os do you have also can you provide the computer model number ?
You should be able to locate a white strip or serial number on the side or back of the dell machine.

Now if your machine does loop like before note how many times the machine beeps.
It could be a memory problem or their maybe a hardware preventing the dell from booting all the way up.
I haven't run across that problem since I stop using xp and vista 3 years ago.
-RockMan- is offline   Reply With Quote