Dell Insprion 1100 issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
hey we've got this laptop at work that has some issues. first off, we did a complete format of the hdd, its also a new hdd for the laptop, and we did a format and installed xp home on it. when it boots up it says which os would you like to boot to and it gives the option of xp home or media center. also when i went to reinstall thinking someone didn't do a complete format on it, media center didn't show up as a recognized os on the windows install screen when it looks for os's to repair.

secondly the ethernet drivers worked on a first install of xp, then i reinstalled xp and the ethernet drivers don't work, so I went ahead and ran a full diag on it, and the only thing that failed on the diag test was a keyboard controller test. could this be part of a bigger problem?

-peter

For your first problem just use a program to zero all the data on the drive. It shouldn't see anything after that.

Have you tried more than one driver for the ethernet? Sometimes the new ones don't work too well. If the keyboard failed the test it could just be that Windows didn't recognize it because it's a laptop. I'm not sure I would worry about it if it isn't doing anything screwy.

ok. well the thing here's what happened, we installed xp, installed ethernet drivers, and the drivers worked, then something happened and i was told to reinstall, then i took the same drivers for ethernet and installed them and they didn't work.

Hmm. Was this on the same install of XP or the first time Media Center was installed and then you installed them again after the format?

If you're using the CD go online and get the newest ones. Also what do you mean the ethernet doesn't work? Does it say the device isn't installed? Or is it just not working even though it says the device was installed properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom