dell desktop won'r boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

nat120

Solid State Member
I received a dell dimension 4400 desktop from a friend and this particular computer had 76 things of spy ware and adware.
I managed to get the spyware and adware off and it worked fine.
But then yesterday I transfered it to a diablotek phntom case and now it won't even turn on. the power cords are fine but when i was fiddling with the front panel to motherboard audio cord it started:D for just a second and shut back down:mad: and now it won't start at all:confused: .Please help me!

Something could be shorting the motherboard. Mabey an extra support peg underneath?

Dell motherboards can't be transfered to after market cases.
One of the first issues you'll run into is the front panel connecter nightmare. Dell uses it's own special front panel wiring system for it's own special front panel connecter on it's own motherboard.

thanks I'll see if thats the problem but what i did was removed the front panel from the dell entirly and cut 1'' square hole in the lower right of the side panel of the diablotek with a hacksaw so there is corner missing and left the front panel power and usb ports right by that so there is easy acess with out removing the side panel entirly.

Did you install the pegs that are supposed to be installed on the aluminum before you installed the motherboard?

Try to reset the bios. See my sticky.

yeah somthing was shorting it out but i just sold the mobo/cpu for $100, so nevermind, but thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom