Dell Computer Beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet jesus! Have you read anything writen?

Older computers needed keyboards to boot... Newer setups need the bios setting changed to be able to boot... I have done this to run my server/folding rig.

The option is call "fault on xxxx"

And my last 2 mobos, 680i and a 650i chipset, came fault on no keyboard selected. Meaning No keyboard, the computer will not boot, run or show a picture on the screen.

You really need to stop taking it apart, as your experience is low, and try a keyboard...

Btw did you put paste back on the cpu before you put the heatsink/fan back on?

After reading this whole thread, I agree with PatonB about trying a keyboard before going further. I also agree with Slaymate by not arguing because it will be conterproductive.

I think your decision to try a keyboard may work for you. Maybe not, but it's at least worth a try and simple to do of course. I have had a system or two not boot because the keyboard wasn't plugged in. May not be the cause of the problem, but let's wait and see what happens, I hope it works out.

Maybe your PC will boot without a keyboard, but not all PC's work the same to start up. That's why there are so many different bios configurations.

Instead of starting an arguement maybe you should just wait and see what happens. Maybe you'll find out you've learned something new :D

wow really not trying to start one but were not talking about a p2 here this computer is new enough to not be one of those it is likely a late model p3 or an early p4 he did say it is 5 years old (so 2004) and running XP last computer i had that NEEDED a keyboard to boot was also a computer that came pre installed with win 95....

I still think clearing the cmos is step ONE especially if he doesn't want to spend cash just to find that it had nothing to do with the accusal problem... Try the Free fix first

You can actually try taking out the RAM, CMOS, and let it run for few min, shut the unit down and reseat evrything, than see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom