dell...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry18

Daemon Poster
ok so my bros dell is about 4 months old, i told him to build his own and he was gonna but wussed out, the specs:

3ghz p4
1gb ddr2
ati x600 256mb
200gb hdd

psu...you gonna love this......370w

for those specs that seems reallllly low, anyways 4 months down the line and its already shagged up, it wont turn on, well it does it goes shewwwww....sheeeeee........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, then turns off and trys to turn on agin repeating the process, turns off back on and again, i though pehaps the cpu was overheats, the heatsing felt hot, i take out the gpu and it boots fine, whats the prob, could it be theat the isnt eneugh power, it does boot sometimes tho, thats the strange thing.....hmmmmmmmm

I would not try to boot it any more. Sounds like a fritzy power supply. If this is the case, every time you boot up, you're taking a huge risk.

Ryan

I'm not an expert in the ways of Dell PSU's, so we'll have to ask someone else if they are Dell specific. I'm pretty sure they are, so your options would be:
1. Call Dell and get a new PSU
2. Buy a new case, motherboard, and power supply.

Ryan

ring dell, it should still have some sort of warrenty. Tell them that the PSU is probably buggered and that you need help.

my pc used to be a dell, and the customer support is a pain is the a$$, you spend about 2hrs on the phone while some indian guy talks you thro trying to fix it, just to identify that thers nothing they can do.........wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom