Dell 4700 system problem 3.4 GHZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrukinDave

Baseband Member
Hello

I have a Dell 4700 system and hadnt been able to get the PC to post for a while. I took the PC completely apart this afternoon, It started posting and loading normally. But after the system runs for 30 seconds it shuts off.. The processor fan runs slow, If I take the cmos battery out and reboot the fan runs normal for about 7 seconds then slows way down.. When its running slow Its not cooling the processor fast enough and shuts down. The PSU fan also runs slow.. I bought another psu for it.. Its also doing the same thing as before i changed PSU's Also when I put the cmos battery back in it will ( The fan ) will run normal about 7 second then the fan will slow down and after about 20 to maybe 30 seconds the PC will shut down.

Any ideas would be appreciated
Thanks
Dave

Hello

I took the PC completey apart and the PC started working like it
is supposed to.. not quite sure what was acting up on it.. But its running fine now..

Thanks for the help.

Solution:

Just take it apart and put it back together... Fixed... lol

A lot of the newer Dell models have a pretty handy feature on the motherboard. On the rear I/O plate there are (4 Diagnostic lights).
After a sucessful post, those four light will be solid green. If your dell is failing it's post, there will be specific light patterns which are outlined in a per/model online .pdf or in your user manual.

Here is a .pdf for the 4700 Series.
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4700/en/om/Y69490LRs.pdf

If you would have known this info, you could have possibly used those light codes to find the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom