Dell 3300mp projecting pink

Status
Not open for further replies.

DummyTron

In Runtime
Tried factory reset, turning on and off but the projector displays the image from the comptuer with a pink hue and then out the blue when I take it out and set up some other time it will continue to display the normal colors.

Anyone else had a problem similar to this ?

Is it time for a new bulb ?

I dont think it is the bulb, I aint to sure on projetors, but we had one at my old vocational school, got rather hot, well eventualy it stoped displaying one of the colors when using the VGA input, found out the connection burned up from the heat that the bulb puts out. Have you tried other connections with the PC to ensure that it isn't the connetion? Because bulbs can be rather expensive to replace...

I agree with charles. Having worked with, and wanting to punch, projectors, I would say it is the VGA connection. It's either loose, faulty or it's getting too hot, as charles mentioned, and having exposure to Dell projectors on a daily basis it is my opinion that Dell has no business making them. They don't have the proper cooling system for something that runs so hot. The fans aren't nearly sufficient. Try using different cables and recheck the connection to be sure it is tight. Also make sure none of the pins are bent or missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom