Delayed Write Falue

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt.wolfwood

Solid State Member
I have a WD800BB 80 GB IDE hard drive, and its got some issues. When i was running it solo with windows xp on it, it kept displaying a "delayed write failure." So, I reformatted my computer, but it kept happening still. I reformatted another time but this time put a 20 GB crap hard drive as the primary. This works, but the 80 GB is still acting funky. It still has delayed write failures, and it runs really really really slow at times. At first i thought it was the cable, which was a 40 pin 40 cable IDE ribbon, and i replaced it with an 80 cable 40 pin IDE ribbon, and it still doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You might want to perform a SMART test of the drive, google PC Wizard 2006, download, and install it. Open it and click drives, then where it says number of hard drives, click and scroll down to the bottom and it will show you the estimated health of your drives... I got a 40 gig laptop HD from a busted laptop my friend found and installed it in my desktop...99% estimated health :)!

SMART Information Disk WDC WD800BB-75JHC0 :
Health : 87% (estimated)
Performance : 83% (estimated)

that doesnt sound to good. any ideas?

download (all hard disk tools) to get these programs 4 ur HD:
Western Digital Data Lifeguard 5.04f
Western Digital DLG for Windows 1.07.01

these diagnostic programs scan ur Hd looks for errors and tries to fix.
u probably gonna need to create a bootable floppy or cd to run these programs on system boot

BTW: nice case!

Hey thank you very much :)

And actually I found that stuff off the WD site and I kinda brushed it off like no big deal. I have them downloaded, Ill give that a whirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom