Delayed Write Again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greencow_555

Baseband Member
Hi folks,

This is the third time I've had this. First my computer is fine, then after a couple of weeks I start to get 'delayed write error' messages about random files. Then eventually my computer will only boot in safe mode, and then the hard drive dies totally, and the cycle starts again.

I've heard everywhere that its something to do with ATI. Its driving me crazy. I start University in January and I cannot have a computer that keeps crapping out on me.

I have these questions if anyone can help

1. Can I fix this issue without spending more money
2. If I need new hardware, what exactly do I need, how can I be sure new hardware will be compatible?

Thanks folks,
Gaz

SYSTEM SPEC:
Windows XP Service Pack 2
ASUS A8V amd athlon 64 3200
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
512mb ddr 3200

If the New Harddrive is doing this Again then its most likely A power supply, supplying Bad voltages to the Harddrive. Thus Damaging it.
I would get a new Power supply or at the least get a DMM and test the Rails / amperage on the current one.

Another possibility is that you have overheating problems causing the Harddrive to malfunction. Add more cooling/ lower room temparture.

I have replaced the power supply already, no difference. Both power supplies work on other machines.

Its winter in the UK and my room is freezing, and my pc fans are working fine.

Gaz

Well memtest86 just confused the **** out of me.

I seemed to have solved the problem by removing all of the ATI stuff, other people on the web found that ATI seemed to be the problem.

Gaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom