dead power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coe83

Beta member
I assembled a new system 31 days ago. No problems until this morning.

Today the power button does absolutely nothing. No fan activity, no beeps, no lights. This led me to believe it was a power issue.

The wall outlet is good. The continuity of the case power switch and connection to motherboard are good. I tried removing all unnecessary power connections and booting again - no good. I then removed all connections from supply and shorted out pins 15 and 16 on motherboard connector. Turning on the PSU makes a small click noise and nothing else. Its fan doesn't move. No ozone or burning smells. I don't have a multimeter in the house right now, but if the fan doesn't work, then the other voltages don't matter, right?

The power supply is an Antec HCP-750. I've only ever bought Antec cases and power supplies. I figured paying a little more would ensure good quality. Maybe not. Due to the fact that it died on day 31, I think I am stuck with an expensive paperweight. Also, I stupidly ditched the original packaging on day 30 thinking that my computer was working. I'm beyond the return window for the website I ordered from and I doubt Antec will allow an RMA without the box.

Any ideas?

I don't know about Antec, never did RMA with them. Not all companies require the box/serial. Mostly, you just need a receipt from newegg, or wherever you got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom