Dead pixel on a LCD tv, can i fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
as title, just bought a 32" LCD HD TV to find a dead pixel, its constantly white so im guessing thats what it is.............. a dead pixel? how can i get rid of this, short of taking it back for a new one(i dont want that hassle).

I heard before someone rubbed the dead pixel for a while and it went but that was on a pc monitor although its the same thing. Any ideas guys?

i used this trick on my friends new LCD, (He also didnt want the hassle so i attempted to fix it) and it Worked :)
try this:
- turn off TV
-grab a rag or something place it on the dead pixel , and then apply pressure to the dead pixel (dont squeeze it 2 hard), while still giving pressure turn on the TV and let go , should be fixed
the liquid in the liquid crystal has not spread in the dead pixel so its showing a dead pixel

thats odd White...?
normally it should be black considered as a dead pixel

Hello,

You're suffering from a 'hot pixel' (where the red, green and blue subpixels remain on, creating a constantly white pixel). A dead pixel is when it appears black (when the red, green and blue subpixels remain off).

What brand LCD HDTV is it because manufacturer's have different policies on warranties regarding defective pixels. Dunno about whether the retailer will replace it for you but chances are they will anyway. Personally, I'd go get a refund / replacement. Sure it's a hassle, but I'd feel more satisfied.

As well as the method of applying pressure, another method is RGB cycling, which involves cycling the red, green, and blue colours of each pixel at a rapid rate, over a long period of time. If it were a computer LCD TFT monitor, then you would have been able to use a java application (such as JScreenFix) to do the cycling. If your LCD HDTV has DVI input, and your computer's graphic's card has DVI output, then you could hook your LCD HDTV to your PC using a DVI cable and run the java app full screen on the display.

JScreenFix also offer an RGB cycling video in various formats which include VCD and DVD images. So, if you have the resources, you could burn the RGB cycling video onto DVD, and play it on a DVD player hooked up to your LCD HDTV.

If you don't have java, or don't like it, there are applications which do the same job:

DPS -> Freeware -> DPT
UDPixel - udpix.free.fr

Just for some reassurence, It can take a few tries to get it unstuck, mine took 7 tries and I used a washcloth and a ballpoint pen. Now the pixel isn't stuck on red. This does not work on dead pixels though.

I had one of them, but it was blue. All i did was got a rag and put the rag over the pixel and basically massaged it out. Got it out in like 10 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom