Dead Motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenenbaum

In Runtime
All case fans go up, CPU fan goes on, Video card fan goes on, everything stays powered, this motherboard has on-board video, and the video card, neither worked.

The only problem is, I'm getting no output to my monitor, its not the monitor or cables, because they work on another computer.

Any suggestions or comments?

Thanks

Remove all but one stick of RAM, and see if it works. If it doesn't, try a different stick of RAM. If one works, add another.
Basically, just see if you have any bad RAM.

I pretty much know the routine, its just, I was seeing if anyone would give a suggestion on something I might miss?
(Its for a friend, he just got a new build, trying to explain over Ventrilo)

I'll let him know to re-seat the ram and try different slots/ram, appreciate it!

LED on motherboard does not come on, nor does it beep.

I'm having him disconnect everything, and then plugging only the power to the motherboard in, to see if the LED goes on.

Any other suggestions?

if the LED on the motherboard is not lit then it could possible be a bad power supply. sometimes the PSU will supply just the power to run fans and other things but it might not be working fully to power the computer. You can try a different power supply or get a power supply tester to test the one you have

not sure if this was mentioned yet but pull out all the items.. all ram all PCI, PCI-e.. everything but the PSU.. then boot.. if at that point you get nothing, I suggest try a different PSU and if nothing still then.. it's the board. but if the original PSU lights up with nothing else in, then place one thing at a time back in with booting it each time with every new part added until you find the bad guy.

A computer won't boot without RAM, Hampton ;). Would need only the basics: RAM/CPU/Cooler/video/PSU.

it will post with out ram ;)
He needs to post before he can boot.. right now were trying to figure out why he is not getting post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom