"Is it dead, Jim?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guiberu

Beta member
Hello there.

I - am a very frustrated man.

I have just tried to put in a second new Motherboard into my new PC case.

Only to have it fail ... again.

First off i bought a second hand Abit KT7 RAID MOBO (no laughter, please) with an Athlon 1.3ghz - which for some reason fried.

The second, that which I have been trying to install tonight, is this ; http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products...d&ProductID=1760&ProductName=GA-8IG1000 Pro-G

I bought this from a colleague at work, who said he had tested it, and managed to get into the BIOS, thusly, he believed it to work.

Problem being, for me it doesn't.

The motherboard doesn't post. And yes, i have read and checked through the stickie. There are no LEDs - the system fan spins, but not posting.

I have grounded myself the entire time whilst installing it, so I cannot see how I could have fried this one.

I am just wondering - I only have a 230w PSU, so could this be the problem? Could it be that this measily PSU isn't enough to post the MOBO? Or is the 2.8ghz Celeron D processor dead?

Please....please....tell me what's going on...

try running outside of the case to make sure the mbd isn't grounding out to the case. If it runs outside the case you either didn't include any pastic screw pacers or it didn't come with some and needs them.

Another thing to check for is call the MB company, your processor may not be compatible with your motherboard, this happened with me, my Processor had a 2MB Cache, the board is compatible with a processor with up to a 1MB cache.... push power, you get fans spinning and that's it, no POST, no video, just fans. Call your motherboard company and ask if the board is compatible with the processor you've picked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom