Data recovery for NAS Raid unit? Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobkon

Baseband Member
I have an Iomega 400m NAS unit that crapped out on me. Looks like the OS got corrupted and in order for me to get my data back Iomega wants to charge me roughly $5000 for data recovery. I have used data recovery programs for single IDE HDDs before and its worked great. Is there a way for me to use software similar to this for a NAS Raid unit? Does it work the same way? I CAN boot into safe mode, but none of my files are there. Any help would be great. Thanks!

what kind of raid were you running on it, and did one of the disks FAIL? What is it specifically that the NAS is doing that it isn't working..

It freezes on Windows 2000 white startup screen. It can only boot into safe mode. The unit got unplugged, then when turned back on, according to Iomega they think the OS got corrupted somehow.

If the OS was corrupted somehow, are they not able to offer a repair to the OS that may render it at least temporarly useable so as to get the data off of it?

I would guess that this is a business NAS, probably rackmount, and not some little desktop type device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom