Damaged HDD Data Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

! Whitey !

Baseband Member
Could anyone help me?

I have a damaged HDD!

How is it damaged?! Well it's damaged because it fell about 2 inches in the case while it was on (my fault for not putting it in properly). Then there was a electrical burning smell, and now my computer doesn't recognise the Hard Drive :(

But I really want that data back, there's every photo I've taken on there, all my Uni work EVERYTHING important to me.

I don't think that any data recovery software will work, so does anyone know of a good data recovery company in the area of Lichfield/Staffordshire?! (I know it's a lot to ask but also cheap!! - I am a student!)

Thanks,

When my HDD started failing to boot, then eventually became useless, I stuck it in a spare external enclosure I had lying around and I hooked it up to a working computer and suprisingly, I could read and move the files, so I just backed up all the needed files and afterwards, tossed the failed HDD away.

If your files are worth enough and you don't have a external enclosure, it's more than worth it to buy one, after that, you can buy a spare HDD in the future and use the external as a backup drive, win win situation!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, where could I buy a cheap good external enclosure? I would like to try this because the cheapest HDD recovery company I've found is almost £300!

And also would a external enclosure work if there is an electrical fault with my HDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom