daft mistake with hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyboy32

Beta member
My current set up is:- 2xseagate 80gb sata in raid 0 partitioned as 30gb (OS) and 150 Gb (storage) and 1 x 200gb samsung pata (storage). My DVD writer is not working so i took the samsung out (as it is full) and fitted it to another PC with the intention of backing up all of the files on to DVD. I mistakenly set the jumpers up to secondary drive( which i wanted to do) but limited it to 32Gb. I set the jumper correctly but the drive is now recognised as two partitions in disk management but will only allow them to be installed as basic drives if i format them. I know I have not wiped any of the information off the drive. Is there any way I can save the files? I assume I will have to edit the MBR but I would not know where to start.

I would try partition magic.You could use the tools in that program to merge the two drives and then recover your files.

I'd like to thank you for your suggestions. I tried partition magic to no avail but when scanning the net was pointed in the direction of a small utility called testdisk. This allowed me to delete the MBR of the samsung and rebuild it. Hey presto the disk is back with ALL data restored. Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom