D865PERL Processor Upgrade wont post

Status
Not open for further replies.

goblue20

Beta member
Working with a D865PERL. Upgraded the 2.8 processor to a 3.0 800 mhz hyper thread compatible processor. I also went to the zalman 9500 LED fan.

The Bios was upgraded to the latest version P21 long ago to make sure on the processor.

PC wont boot. Upon turning it on all fans fire up fine and lights etc. Simply wont post beep nothing, everything just spins. Checked all cables and appear to be plugged in. LIfted up the fan and screwed it back down.

I used that arctic silver and put a dot on the middle of the chip as opposed to spreading it. However, with all of the tinkering with the fan it looks like it had spread on its own already.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks a lot, it is very appreciated.

Just to verify, does your motherboard still POST using the old CPU with the current RAM and video card? If so, than the new CPU is not compatible because of the voltage setting in the BIOS.

That would be it. The motherboard revision was not compatible with that chip. Thank you!

It is very cool to be able to come to this site and get such good help. You guys are the best.

I need to get my eyes checked though. I should of saw that info about the board revisions before attempting it. That will teach me to read more thorough in the future.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom