Not open for further replies.

RaptorX

Baseband Member
hey guys...

...straight to it:

Mainboard : MSI MS-6738
Chipset : VIA P4M266/KM266 (VT8375)
Processor : AMD Duron @ 1400

Motherboard is little bit old but it have been working perfectly all the time... still.

MHz Memory : 768 MB
Network Card : D-link G520 rev.B / Atheros Communications Inc AR5212 802.11a/b/g Wireless Adapter (card purchased less than 3 month ago)

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2

The computer have been formatted less than 1 month ago... never had this issues before the formatting.

Problem:

some times when i turn on the pc, windows says that my wireless card is not installed... :confused:

the new hardware wizzard comes up... if I try to install it it installs it as "D-link G520 (2)" so obviously it is installed...

what i do is that i restart the computer (some times i need to do it twice or even shut down and then turn on again) so windows can see my card normally...

weird...

Im not sure if is the hardware that is provoking that or if is windows... anyone with any idea about it??

Thanks in advance guys...

[by the way im getting a lot of BSOD's recently... driving me crazy... only getting: "BAD_POOL_HEADER"]

well, I formated the pc less than a month ago and installed a fresh new copy of xp... after 1 or 2 weeks I started getting this issue...

That doesnt mean that the RAM is good by formatting and reinstalling Windows....

That doesnt mean that the RAM is good by formatting and reinstalling Windows....

thats perfectly true man, I just ran memtest86+ for 9 hours... 9 freaking hours and it really didnt finish... but he did get 2 errors...

something like:

adresses:
0002efca458 - 751.6MB
0002efca458 - 767.1MB

the same errors:

GOOD
0000003b

BAD

ERR-BITS

Count

that brings a new cuestion though... What can i do for it...?? how do i move those bad parts of the memory so they are not used any more??

Are they both on the same chip or different chips?

There is no way to just "remove" the bad parts. Best option is if you have multiple chips remove this bad one. From there replace it with a new one.

[SOLVED] D-link G520 Wireless weird problemD-link G520 Wireless weird problem

There is no way to just "remove" the bad parts. Best option is if you have multiple chips remove this bad one. From there replace it with a new one.

thanks for the info... i think this is done then... Im looking for the drivers for my card that would maybe help with the other problem.. thanks man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom