D-Link DI-614+ problems :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

the ryan

Baseband Member
hey guys, so here's my problem..
i was downloading torrents which was going extremely slow so i tried to open up some ports on my router, that didnt work so i rebooted the router to factory settings and reset it to how it was before....i think. now i have no idea what is wrong because my connection speeds are EXTREMELY slow, its not the modem because i tried hardwiring one computer to the modem itself and it worked fine. i called up sbc dsl and they told me my connection was 100% so it has to be my router, ive called d-link support 3 times with no help at all. was wondering if u guys could help me?

The best you could try is to go in the router config... with D-Link, most of the time, you just need to enter 192.168.0.1 in your browser. Or, if you would have another computer to plug on your router, maybe you could see if it's the router or your computer...

yes i tried configuring it by myself and with the help of the d-link tech support line(which turned out to be no help) and with no good results.

are you using a wireless connection, if you are then start fault finding from your layers. the first layer is your physical layer and a lot of people over look this with wireless. i have found that when a wireless connection for no apparent reason starts to drop significant packets the problem is usualy incorrectly located antenna, or 2.4GHz interference ( wireless cameras, av senders, etc)

no im not using the wireless right now, im hardwired with ethernet cables into the router.

try to change the DNS on your comp to your ISPs DNS server manually. And take out your router as ur DNS. Some times it gets hung up trying to do DNS requests.

Can you also post a bandwidth test result for us(like 2wire.com or some thing)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom