Custom PC turns on, no display

iiRoNiC_Death

Solid State Member
So ive ran into a problem, been about a week... i recently built my pc and it all worked fine with a few minor issues, first, the pc would get stuck on a "Shell" page, changed SATA cable and fine, then after 2 weeks or so of me using it, i put it in sleep mode and I go to sleep, next day i turn on computer and nothing... the computer was on but no display... so for the past week, ive got new power supply, went from 650-850, didnt fix... got new motherboard, and that didnt fix it, so i went out today and got a new graphics card... and still nothing... any help appreciated.

Hi I see no mention of trying another monitor. Also have you tried a different cable to the monitor?? I'm sure you will get better advise from members and they will help you with your issue! Have you made sure every thing is seated and every thing is connected??
Gary

What do you mean by "Shell page" ? Do you mean the BIOS splash / quick check screen?

If you've replaced the board, PSU, and GPU already, I'd look at RAM (more likely) or even possibly the CPU (less likely, IMO). Would it be possible to try a different set of RAM (either if you borrow some from a friend or something similar)?

What are your full specs please?

Hi Sorry I don't know what else to suggest. You seem to have tried different hardware.
I'm sure you will get some more replies and suggestions. Just be patient. What OS are you running?? Any change of reinstalling the OS. What restore media do you have?? Two choices IMHO Software or Hardware.
Gary!

What do you mean by "Shell page" ? Do you mean the BIOS splash / quick check screen?

If you've replaced the board, PSU, and GPU already, I'd look at RAM (more likely) or even possibly the CPU (less likely, IMO). Would it be possible to try a different set of RAM (either if you borrow some from a friend or something similar)?

What are your full specs please?

By shell, i mean the Efi shell page, just take a quick search and you can see it, and as for specs, Asrock Fatal1ty 970 performance motherboard, geforce gtx 970 graphics, 2 4gb fury hyperx memory, 850w rmseries powersupply, on windows 8.1 with amd fx8320 black edition, 22" LG IPS LED monitor

Im running windows 8.1, idk how i could reinstall it as i have no display...

I would start with what I suggested and try a different set of RAM if possible, or even getting your RAM tested in another system (if you don't know anybody with a system it will work in, take it to a shop and see if they will test it for you).

OK thanks, i will see if theres a store nearby that can test them, been going about 40 mins to another city for my equipment and have already been there atleast 5 times in past month, gets annoying driving there. But ill keep you posted tomorrow and thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom