Custom built computer randomly memory dumps and restarts. RAM not on MOBO QVL list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pentex

Beta member
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've just purchased parts and built my first custom computer, but I've had a lot of problems with it since. The graphics card is no longer detected when it was in the first place, so I can not longer run computer games, yet the monitor itself still displays fine.

The main problem however is that it keeps doing memory dumps and restarting at random times. I thought it might be overheating but I've checked all the fans and they are plugged in and spinning when the computer is on. I checked the mother board's qualified vendors list (http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory/M3A UCC.pdf) and the RAM I bought it not on it (OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz Gold AMD Memory Kit CL9.. | Ebuyer.com - manufacturer number: OCZ3G1333LVAM4GK). However I've heard that this is not necessarily a problem because they only include RAM on if it's been specifically tested but other non-tested RAM might also be fine.

I'm stumped, all the equipment is first hand and brand new and is running Windows 7. Any suggestions? Would it be worth while taking it into PC world for repairs? The reason I haven't done this yet is because they charge a minimum of £70 to look at it and seen as how the computer itself was only £350 it seems like a bit much.

Any suggestions are much appreciated, thanks!
Stephen

Re: Custom built computer randomly memory dumps and restarts. RAM not on MOBO QVL lis

Run memtest and return your memory for a replacement if it finds errors.

Re: Custom built computer randomly memory dumps and restarts. RAM not on MOBO QVL lis

Seconded. One or more of your RAM sticks are bad, due to the dumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom