cursor/button problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.

badbabu1234

Beta member
I'll preface this by saying I'm not very computer savvy, so just bear with me.

My current problem is that my right click button cannot do any tasks on the Desktop (ie - create new folder, etc), control anything on the taskbar, etc.

I used Spybot, but nothing came up, and if it is some registry problem, I'm not knowledgeable enough as to how to fix it.

Also, if I leave my cursor alone, it will automatically perform a task (ie - minimize, go to the webpage) without my control.

I'm really not sure what to do here. I've already tried uninstalling (and reinstalling) the Synaptics driver, but didn't work.

I presume the driver you are speking of is for the mouse? Yo you have spyware or a virus. the fact that you are directed to a web site wihtout your action probably suggests that it is a trojan. What antiviurs software are you using? have you run that to check for a virus? You may be forced to do a fresh installation of windows and then before you go to the web for anything make sure that Norton or McAfee and the sppropriate spyware detectors are installed. I wound download microsofts antispyware beta. It's free and very good.

I don't think it's a virus or spyware, because I already ran those.

Also...when I'm idle, the cursor will all of a sudden have a 'mini scroller' appear out of nowhere.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom