Crossfire doesn't seem to be running properly

Kevin86

Solid State Member
Hello,

I just bought an extra 7870 for my system, and my computer recognizes it if I look under device manager. I have already updated the drivers and checked the device driver updates through the device manger, and both are up to date.

Running Catalyst Control Center version 2013.0328.2218.38225. If I go under the CrossFireX performance, even though it is enabled, there is a message that says "Choose to enable CrossfireX for added graphics performance".

This is the first time that I have used multiple video cards, as I have usually bought 1 higher end card, but I got a good deal on these.

Here are my computer specs:
i5-3570K
16GB Ram
Antec 850 Watt power supply
2x Radeon 7870 video cards (showing as 4.1 GHz in DirectX diagnostic)
Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

Wondering if anyone might be able to help me out? Let me know if you need anymore information.

Thanks!

Bridge is connected, and I have tried a new bridge that I have as well as flipping it around and plugging it back into the cards.

If I go under Hardware, it shows the primary and linked adapter, not sure if it was showing that before.

I downloaded CPU-Z to see if the temps were showing up, but it shows no data on either card except the memory. Attached screenshot to the post. It is showing both cards, but both show the same thing.

I will try to flip the bridge back the other way and run CPU-Z again and see if they show up.

Edit: Tried after flipping the bridge back ,and still showing the same thing.

Attachments

• cpuz.png
    cpuz.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hmm reboot into your bios and look at the vga settings.
See if you can make your first card the primary one and the second on as secondary display.
You may have to allow it to share some video memory and what not.
Last time I slied or crossfired was when I had my GT430's.
Wasn't that hard to get working once I fiddled around the vga settings in bios.
I will say this make sure the cards are set pci-e, not pci option.

Its been awhile since I played with dual cards, so excuse me if my information maybe abit off.
:/

Back
Top Bottom