Creative T3000 issue..

Status
Not open for further replies.

code28

Baseband Member
I'm experiencing what appears to be random fluctuations in power supply to my T3000 sound system and am trying to isolate the problem.

The power drop off occurs randomly, both when the unit is in use (i.e. listening to music) or when at idle. The power indicator (green light on volume/bass controller) will dim each time there is a drop off in power. Sometimes it drops off for several seconds, other times it dims and returns several times inside of 5 seconds and I can hear the speakers shutting off and coming back on along with the indicator light, so it has to be a power issue of some type.

The setup is powered thru the standard Creative 12v adapter, plugged into a Belkin surge protecter which is in-turn plugged into a standard household socket. All connections are firm and nothing else seems to be affected (i.e. the PC, desk lamp, etc) which are all powered thru the same socket.

I've had the setup for months and have never seen this issue until very recently.. any ideas?

I know these power issues can be tricky, but here is what I've come across so far..

The surge protector (Belkin) that I'm using is getting old (8+ years, not sure how long these are supposed to hold out) so I removed the 12v power connector for the sub from the protector and plugged it directly into the wall socket.. so far, I haven't seen any power fluctuations since this step.

It'll obviously take a few days of monitoring before I can determine if this was the real problem or not.

If it is, it's a cheap fix, which is always good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom