CRC Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentfazexx

Solid State Member
I keep getting CRC errors on everything. Even brand new discs like "Oblivion" give me this error. What is it for and how do I get rid of it? My dvd drive is at most 2 yrs old. Its a dual format memorex 16x burner.

Do you have another drive to swap out to see if thats the problem? And have you pulled it out of device manager and reinstalled it?

Tried that, swapping cdroms, switched IDE slots on the mobo... nothing works. Could it be the IDE controller?

Yeah select ones, same with dvd's/cd's... certain ones. Brand spankin' new or not. I just got oblivion yesterday... has errors (but works fine thank god, only thing that runs after having those errors)

It could be the IDE controller if this was after swapping the cd drive. Almost all CRC errors are the result of the drive itself. However, burned cd's will tend to do this if it was poorly done, or incomplete downloads. Memory and cache can cause this as well, but that would be doubtful. It maybe that you have corrupted system files. Check eventvwr and see what it says. Also, you could (if you want to ensure its not cache) disable cache in the bios, but itll run slow as ****, and try swapping around memory (if you have 2 sticks, run with just one and then the other). May want to reinstall the MBD chipset drivers, as well.

haha funny thing is... I've tried re-installing windows multiple times (luckly I found one XP cd that reads with no problems) but I don't know what else it could be honestly....

Both aren't possible because I was using some BRAND new discs... I tried a cd drive cleaner, 2 other drives and still got the same issues. I'm narrowing it down to the IDE controller. We'll see when i get my new cpu/mobo in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom