CRC error with new HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss031

Solid State Member
I use a program called "Itunes Library Updater" to update my Itunes library automatically when I get new songs. Check it out at itlu.ownz.ch.

I just installed a second hard drive for my music: Western Digital 250G. I started to move my music to the new HDD, called "M:" with the first folder "\music Other". I changed my ITLU profile to reflect the change, that is, I removed "C:\music Other" (the old file) and added "M:\music Other" but now when it updates, I get a cyclic redundancy check when ITLU scans the new "\music Other" folder for music. I researched CRC errors and they seem to mean defective writeable disc, but this is a brand new hard drive, not a cd or dvd.

As far as I can tell, all the files in the folder are good. There were a few weird ones that I already took out, but the rest are all mp3's, which play fine, and by using "Get Info" in Itunes, I can manually replace them (i.e. help Itunes find their new location) but I have, like, 3,000 songs. That's not my real problem though. I am worried about my new hard drive.

When I installed it, I made 3 partitions, and "M:" is one of the partitions, 60G NTSC. It is installed on the same IDE cable as the primary "C:" hard drive, making "M:" the slave. My system is an AMD 1.6 gHz with 512 Mb RAM. Win XP SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom