Crashing games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftEyeBlind

In Runtime
So recently I got some new ram and a new BFG 8800GT... I noticed when playing games like NFS Most wanted and Call Of Jaurez that my computer will lock up and freeze and I'll have to restart, I'm not sure if this problem is caused by the new video card or the new ram [its kingston valueram, I have it overclocked just a bit, is any overclocking too much for valueram?]

I heard there was a bad batch of 8800GTs, so I thought it could be that? I picked this one up earlier this month.

More info:

My 8800GT is overclocked to 679/979.

Sometimes when it locks up in Most Wanted it will recover, but graphics and textures will be misplaced, lots of graphical glitches.

I'm running one stick of Patriot Extreme ram, and two sticks of Kingston ValueRam at 351Mhz [The Patriot is downclocked 800Mhz and the Kingston is overclocked 667Mhz]

Anyways, thanks in advance, I want to get some advice before I crack my computer open.

UPDATE**

Pic of NFS Most Wanted - http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9789/16495736ek6.jpg
Does this appear ram related or Video card related? Happens couple minutes after game starts.

Update your drivers. Also set the card back to stock as it seems it may be getting warm or you may have it OC'd to far. Monitor the temps. Once stable, then OC it slowly and watch for problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom