Crashing and Driver Problems

mrmexas

Beta member
This will be my first post here on Tech Forums. I hope you guys can help me out.

Here are my desktop specifications and devices:

CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 3.4GHz (uses Cooler Master Hyper 212 fan)
DirectX 11
GPU: GeForce GTX 660 2gb (Driver 335.23)
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance
~
Monitor: AOC i2367Fh - (32-bit, 60Hz)
Mobo: Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 AMD
Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt
Hard Drive: WD Blue 1TB
Network adapter: TP-Link TK-WN951N, N300 PCI Adapter 2.4GHz, 300Mbps

Here are my two biggest problems:

1) I am missing some driver that sometimes causes a sort of 'blue screen of death' on system startup, but after some update, the PC is fine. On the screen, among other things, this comes up: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

This problem is inconsistent with itself. Sometimes the BSOD doesn't happen, and other times, the PC goes into a loop of the BSOD, an update, then after a restart, the loop starts over.

What is this BSOD telling me and how do I fix the problem?

2) I play relatively modern games on my relatively new computer with my free time, so it can be frustrating and scary when these games randomly crash to desktop after a short hiccup. It happens to old games and new games, so I'm not sure processing power is the problem.

I have done some research on this issue and some forums have claimed that the graphics card itself is crashing, and is probably not receiving enough power. Perhaps this is my problem, though the power supply the desktop has apparently provides enough power to run the system and then some.

Why is my graphics card crashing, and how to I fix the problem?

I am in no way a hardware expert, as this is the first tower I've put together after a lot of help.

Please help me out. Thank you!
~mrmexas

well Corsair is a good brand if you buy there mid to upper level PS but they do not make them, Seasonic makes the TX series and I think there higher models also. The CX builder series is made by a different company and the quality is iffy. If you can try a different PS if you know someone who has one would eliminate that as a issue if it happens with a different PS. One other thing you could try is updating the BIOS so if any errors there it would eliminate them.

Last edited:
Do you have dump logs from the crash under C:\Windows\Minidump ?

If so, copy them/zip them up/upload them and we can take a look at them.

Back
Top Bottom