Crashing 2 Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looby

In Runtime
k i have a couple of active threads about an old toshiba laptop that was having frequent STOP ERRORS despite formats and clean installs now i cant even get that computer to POST...

fine... i removed the hdd and put it in an even older compaq since all it was lacking was a working hdd wiped it fresh install of win2000 pro set to update and........ woke up this moring and the processor..... FING FRIED ITSELF!!!!!! NO FING JOKE!!!! i woke up smelling smoke and low and behold smoke it pouring and i do mean pouring out of the back...

this might be a completely seperate issue but idk so i figured id throw it in there

i just have a couple of questions Y?!?!#^(^$^@%&*%# im utterly frustrated and losing what little bit of sanity i had left... is there ANY possible thing (virus or that type thing) that could get around a virus scan, rootkit scan, spyware scan, format, os reinstall, virus scan, rootkit scan in that order???? i connected this hdd to my tower and pulled all the files from it and scanned it with everything but it didnt find anything so i have scanned this hdd 3-4 times with different scanners (unfortunately not different programs all avg stuff also ran a hjt nothing) with nothing showing up. could this be a virus that has the ability to somehow affect bios or hardware components??? idk i just cant believe that 2 laptops would have problems without something having gone wrong. any help would be great...

toshiba threads
http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/frequent-windows-stop-errors-166528/
http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/no-post-166984/#post1304675

first of all, how long did you have the laptop you fried on, all night? lol, if you got a different error each time i suspect its the RAM being faulty. you can burn a disk of memtesting tools from Ultimate Boot CD - Overviewhas alot of boot tests for cpus etc hardware.

as for a bios virus well, ive never heard of one and its also possible that the installation disks you are using are messed up.

i mean, thats the link between the two.

wow that was quick thanks

yes all night but i have never had a problem with it before i have left it on for a week straight and no problem. its a 1999?? compaq presario 12XL300B

well the toshiba will not do anything not even system beep...

i was running 2 different operating systems xp on the toshiba and 2000pro on the compaq so it cant be installation. also i have used that xp cd b4 and it works fine

yeh i'd never leave my laptop on all night not without good ventilation anyway lol.

only thing i can think of is bad RAM. that would cause random crashes, next time you get an error slap it in google

well it was on one of those laptop cool mat things and i have never had a problem with this thing overheating 600mhz celeron seems to run rather cool:)

i cant even get an error on the toshiba... the screen will not come on (i guess) but i cant get to bios i cant throw in a boot disk i cant to anything i was just hoping that some one would be able to help me figure out a way to get it back working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom