HailAngus

Beta member
MOBO: Asus P4R800-v deluxe
video: 9800 pro
1 gig ram
4.00 ghz pentium 4 processor
integrated audio

HI

My computer was recently crashing due to out of date BIOS in addition to a faulty power cable. Now, a new problem has arisen.

While playing Day of Defeat source for instance in game play the screen will freeze and the last 1/2 a second of audio will loop. But, Windows is still running....

I can KIND OF alt tab and guess what the screen says and get out of the game and then i can restart the game.

This has happened repeatedly with that game.

With BF2 it just freezes and i have to reboot. This only happened once (at that point i had to come on here and try to figure out what to do).

My brother just graduated from college with a degree in computer engineering and he suggests possibly: Video card, MOBO, or power.

Thanks for any help :)

He's basically right, it could be any number of things. I had a very similar problem and upgrading my soundcard worked.

I would try running memtest, and if you have a copy, PC doc, see if those find any hardware errors.

Other possibilities are even defective proc or overheat, though it's unlikely.

Oh and this may be duh, but just in case, update all your drivers.

ShackledPhoenix said:
He's basically right, it could be any number of things. I had a very similar problem and upgrading my soundcard worked.

I would try running memtest, and if you have a copy, PC doc, see if those find any hardware errors.

Other possibilities are even defective proc or overheat, though it's unlikely.

Oh and this may be duh, but just in case, update all your drivers.

Thanks for your reply

I just bought an XFX 6800XT to perhaps fix the problem,, I hope it does! and if it doesnt... oh well i guess. better graphics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom